Tuesday, May 24, 2011

5/24/2011 When Things Go Well, They Go Very Very Well

Hi Mr. Blog,
What a difference a good night's sleep makes!
I zipped right on up to Lake City Walgrens
and picked up my ship pics
and a dandy album to put them in
and I was off to Inglemoor High school.
I was early and who walks up to to me
but Troy.
Hahaha. He works in the office last period.
He said hi and told me where the restrooms are.
What a cute kid.
I dropped off his yearbook check
and went to the activities center to
pick up football forms for Teddy and his pal Michael.
The football coach, Frank Nash is also Troy's math teacher
so we had a brief pow wow about that, football and
the state of the economy.
Troy's counselor, Julie Barrett,
worth her weight in gold!
We reviewed his current grades
and talked about college programs
and looked at what he signed up for
for his senior year of high school.
It just seems impossible that he'll finish
high school next year.
She did her magic to make sure
his classes will fill his graduation requirements
AND classes he will like too.
Like team sports and videography.
Videography will fulfill his occupational education
requirement and lead into a neat
new video degree over at Shoreline community college.
I'd like him to go straight up to Western
but Terry is balking at the price tag.
Motherhood is so complex on so many levels
and I usually think I'm flunking.
But not today.
Today I spent the day making sure
my kid, my sweetie, my departed mom's Golden Boy,
got all the classes he needs next year.
And classes that will be fun.
Because you only get to be a senior
in high school one time.

No comments:

Post a Comment