Saturday, May 28, 2011

5/28/2011 Subbing in 6th Grade and Loving It

Hi Mr. Blog,
I had the strangest thing happen Friday.
I was subbing in sixth grade at Parkwood elementary
for the Language Arts teacher,
and when I opened her teacher's manual
guess what I was going to teach?
Roman history!
I was so excited.
I love teaching the classics.
I was president of the Junior Classical League
in 1975 at Roosevelt High School.
Miss Engle used to go on and on about Roman history
and she'd get all excited.
She looked a like a robin with a juicy worm
the way she'd dance around the room with delight.
So, anyway,
that is not what is strange about teaching that particular lesson.
What is strange,
is that I taught the preceding Greek lesson
the last time I subbed
from the Houghton Mifflin text book
two weeks ago at Canyon Creek elementary!
Of course,
being superstitious and all,
I took it as a sign.
A sign that I'll get
a full time teaching job
this fall.
I know, I know,
it is irrational and silly.
But maybe there is a principal somewhere
that will see my seven years of loyal substitute service
and decide to give me a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment