Saturday, August 21, 2010

8/21/2010 Why Women Live Longer or How Cleaning the new Olympia City Hall Made Me a Better Person

So I did NOT clean the governor's mansion but I did clean the
new Olympia City Hall building that an arsonist got a hold of
during the last phase of construction.
I don't have time to tell you the details
but I'm certain that I know why women live longer.
Getting up at four in the morning to commute two hours
and then scrubbing all day long
and using port-a-potties
and commuting back two hours made me certain
that women live longer because men
usually do the harder physical work
in this world
and just wear themselves out sooner.
Women are better at pacing themselves and finding enjoyment
in the process of working which makes work less stressful.
Of course when I told this to Brenny in our crew van
coming back from Olympia to Woodinville,
she said God takes men first to give
women a chance to hold the remote control.
What I am sure of, is that I ache from head to toe.

No comments:

Post a Comment