Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Good News

June 13th: My pal Angela gets her Masters in Nursing degree and has a party at her house. Her sis likes my driving game and offers to take the sell sheets to Tri-Cities and Yakima! I ask my graphic artist to put Tri-Cities on the game board to note Lori's efforts.
June 14th: My sister Pam needed a baby outfit to mail to her nephew in Texas so we go to the remodeled Ostroms on Bothell Way. They are so nice and have free gift wrapping. I look with longing at the tote bag of my dreams. It is lime green with mesh with fake alligator trim. I visualize myself going to driving schools with that bag full of sample driving games on a sunny day.
After sissy pays I remember I have the driving game in my tote bag and I pull it out and show it to Phyllis and say, "I have a game to sell and wonder who I might talk to about it?" She says, "Let me see it." I hand it to her and tell her how to play and she looks at me and says, "I'll take six as soon as they are ready."
I am so stunned that I can barely mumble, "Thank you, I'll be back." MY FIRST SALE!!! Nothing can really compare to the feeling of elation of having an idea and then spending sixteen months into trying to make a helpful product out of it.
June 23rd: Connie stops by to take me ice tea right after I talk to the lady running the Chicago Game and Toy Convention in November. It is more expensive than we anticipated but I tell Connie we need to go. Chitag has 1,500 vendors and 15,000 shoppers. We get to McDonalds and Connie has cleaned her room and pays with all nickels, dimes and pennies. We park at St.Vinny's and laugh at how broke we are and then go window shopping at a thrift store.
In the evening, my genius graphic artist begins the Nixpix.com website updates and I am thrilled with the results. I stare at how great the website looks. I wanted it to look welcoming and I pay money instead of getting it free so it doesn't have all those junky-looking ads. I want it to look friendly and soothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment