Sunday, June 28, 2009

I am happy to bribe my kids to go to church. When I was a teen I just wouldn't go and I might have for a little cash. It's no fun when you make someone go against their will. Teddy is fun and cheap to go to church with. We enjoyed the singing and sermon. Lots of food for thought.
It was sad to go to my Uncle Frank's memorial. I got shipped to Cougar every summer starting in 1959 to play with my cousins Carolyn, Elizabeth and Dan. Auntie Jean made the best spaghetti in history and loved how I ate my vegetables. My cousins hated vegetables. She took us to Lake Sammamish for swimming lessons. There was only a tiny road with a few little houses back then. Uncle Frank would have us climb high in the willow trees and then cut them down with the chainsaw. It was the biggest thrill to hold tight to the branches and go sailing and bouncy in the bushy leaves. Summers spent catching burlap sacks full of snakes and buckets of frogs.
It was good to have a day away from the biz to clear out my head. This is the first summer since my mom died that I finally feel cheerful. Didn't think it would ever happen.
What a surprise that sissy turned 55 today. Seems like we were kids a minute ago. We made her strawberry shortcake and gave her loads of girly stuff like jewelry and a make-up bag and stuff.
I love the PBS show Pierot. What a great detective!

No comments:

Post a Comment