Thursday, July 22, 2010

7/21/2010 Parenthood is Not for the Fainthearted

*Drags in and flops on couch*
I had the best day yesterday Mr. Blog!
Teddy and Michael were playing in the pool all day
and when Troy got up he wanted to open his
first bank account.
We drove over to Chase, which bought
his school savings bank, Washington Mutual.
I remember banking with them in 1962
at Van Asselt Elementary down on Beacon Hill.
So, Troy was very mature closing his account and
getting his $45.00 out.
We popped in Bank Of America and I was very proud
of how professionally Troy handled himself.
He has outstanding people skills.
He opened his account with Robert, the manager,
and now has $25.00 in his brand new checking account
and $85.00 in his brand new savings account.
When he had his first paycheck for over one hundred dollars
I told him to buy a condo down the street.
I even picked up a brochure for one on sale for $99,000.00
at Harbor Villa down the road.
I can't take living with him any longer.
He is just too headstrong for me.
If I say, "Black" he will say "White."
I love that kid to death but I can't take it anymore.
I was just looking at the army recruitment wall down the hall
and counting the days until he can enlist.
He has no career idea of what he wants to do
to support himself.
Many eighteen year olds don't.
I admire his personality, which is warm, friendly,
loyal, funny and very charming.
Reminds me of me.
But he very mature and needs to move on to his own life.
I gave him all I had to give as far as love and family stability.
Terry and I have role modeled loving each other
and solving all our relationship problems
by communicating with each other.
So, you love your child and then step back.
You hold their hand when they are little
teach them your values
then let them decide their way.

No comments:

Post a Comment