Saturday, July 31, 2010

7/31/2010 How To Be A Good Friend

I was not always a good friend but I have really worked on
my skills and this is what a learned about being
a good friend:
1 Be quiet and listen. Set a timer and don't talk for ten minutes
2 NEVER give advice, feedback or opinions without asking if the
person wants them. They usually DON'T so just be quiet.
3 NEVER be a know-it-all. This is so hard me and most people
especially when you know some information. Just be quiet unless asked.
4 Call your friend once a month to see if they are breathing!
I have people I called once a month for years and just gave up on them.
After them not calling me at least once a year I just toss them in
the PAST relationship bin.
5 When they are done being lazy they can call me to have a relationship.
6 Never say what you are good at. It sounds like boasting and is alienating.
7 NEVER criticize ANYTHING about a friend. People know all their flaws already.
8 NEVER share an observation about a friend UNLESS is is positive and complimentary.
9 LISTEN
10 LISTEN
That's it. Most people are too lazy to be good friends but not me.
I spend a lot of time calling and writing people.
But I don't like people that are lazy friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment