Sunday, July 4, 2010

7/2/2010 Feeling Cheerful, Despite a Memorial Service

*Walks in and flops down on couch*
Hi Mr. Blog,
My brilliant graphic artist, Steve Prestek, told me
I needed to keep my personal and professional life separate
so that is why I'm coming here today.
Steve thinks people only want the business they are supporting
to have happy, cheerful stories that sound upbeat
and sugar-coated.
Well, he is ten years older than I am so
I'll just do whatever he tells me to do.
I have been severely depressed all week until today.
When I saw my auntie Ann's obituary last week
it just seemed too awful to think of her gone.
And to make it worse, my cousin Steve's memorial
is right after hers down at University Christian Church.
I woke up today feeling cheerful and hopeful
and excited about our trip to Yellowstone Monday.
I just wanted to get set up with you before I take off
so when I come home I can get my time with you
all separated.
Seems pretty impossible from my point of view.
I mean, I'll do chores and work on games the same day.
Oh well, I trust Steve and if he says keep it cheery
for the biz, that's what I'll do!

No comments:

Post a Comment