Wednesday, January 19, 2011

1/19/2010 What Doctor Sally Said

Hi Mr. Blog.
I went up to see Doctor Sally in Bothell
this morning for seasickness medicine.
She was my doctor in 1980 when I first moved to
Bothell and she is like the nicest doctor in
the world.
I've been so tired since Teddy showed up that
I always go to the Kenmore Medical clinic,
but I like a woman doctor and Doctor Mickelbrink
moved to Oregon!
Anyway I wanted to get her opinion on this cruise ship
job because I am wracked with guilt over
leaving my family and do you know what she said?
"I think it is a great idea for two reasons.
One, you are role modeling to your kids that in
this economy, everyone has to do what they
can to get by. And two, think of how much they
will appreciate everything that you do
after five months. I think it is fantastic
and a wonderful thing for you to do!"
So then I felt nothing but relief Mr. Blog.
I have been having an internal war for months
about this. I feel selfish that I am determined to
use my expensive college degree for a good job.
Not just get a job at Mac Donald's
after I killed myself working at
Springtime Daycare all day and going to
night school all night at the UW for ten years.
It was hard changing diapers and
cranking out Teddy for Troy to play with.
Someday I'll get my own classroom
and can afford life again
but this isn't the day.
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment