Friday, January 21, 2011

1/21/2010 Terry STILL Doesn't Know Where the Dishes Go?!

Good Morning Mr. Blog,
I finally feel better!
I had an apple for dinner last night
while watching Terry gorge himself
on toasted tomato and cheese sandwiches
and I woke up without a sore throat and headache
and felt like my old cheery self.
It's true!
An apple a day DOES keep the doctor away.
When I went to get coffee,
I couldn't find my favorite Starbucks cup
for ten minutes.
You'll never guess where it was!
On the top shelf where I put the summer
Kool Aid pitcher!
I can't even get things down from there
without climbing up on a chair
or using Lyle's old grabber contraption.
I have to stand tip-toed just to shove stuff on
the edge and then hope they don't fall on my head
when I open the cupboard.
So, there was my coffee cup and I used a ladle
to work it off edge and then caught it as it fell
because I wasn't awake enough
to be climbing on chairs OR working grab-it contraptions.
I got my cup and went to sit down
and I'm not clear what happened next,
but I was being scalded through my
Big Dog jammies and the table and lamp were upside-down
and my cup was empty.
I had to call Brenny to discuss it.
After that I realized that we have lived in the same
house for over twenty years and
Terry still doesn't know where the dishes go!
How can that be Mr. Blog?!
He has been eating.
I know that because like Brian Haley
pointed out years ago,
he is a Pop Tart over two hundred and fifty pounds.
So that means he has been using the dishes
and I've seen him unload the dishwasher.
Well, I haven't actually seen him, but I know he does.
I play possum until he leaves for work
since I'm too grouchy before coffee to
listen to his never-ending post office stories and
when I get up the dishes have been put away.
But God knows where!
On a hunch,
I decided to expand this theory of mine
that he can put things where they don't belong
and guess what?
There were my missing socks!
I think they had been in Teddy's drawer this whole time.
Terry, bless his heart, tried to help
put laundry away
and put most of my socks in Teddy's dresser.
So then I checked Troy's dresser and found the
rest of my socks.
Mystery solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment