Saturday, October 17, 2009

10/17/09 The Good Listener

*Walks in gingerly and lies down* Hi Mr. Blog. I'm not feeling too good. Sore throat, headache and body aches. I'm going back to bed when I get home.
So yesterday I went to Steve's to proof the new edition of our game.
I love, love, love it. He is the best graphic designer in the world.
The bigger size with the larger font will make adults so happy.
Sometimes adults have to retake the test themselves.
If they forget to renew their license on time or get a DUI.
But mostly some people like people. Not TV people.
Real people that they can see and touch and laugh with.
That's what the game is about. Socializing.
Sure it is educational and blah, blah, blah.
But with this nasty weather it might be handy to own a new game.
Call a pal and say, "I got this new game. Want to try it?"
I forgot to tell you about last week-end.
Terry and I went to Patty's for dinner and had salmon and salad and loads of other stuff
and cherry pie for dessert. Riel was there and we just laughed and laughed.
We watched the DAWGS play football and every time they showed the stands
we looked for our friend Marcia and yelled, "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!"
Riel started it but it got funnier and funnier cause all they showed
were the cute young blond girls every single time.
We had a theory that the cameraman was a twenty-five year old single guy.
So I got 200 out of 1,000 of my new business cards attached to magnets.
Then Wednesday I needed to be a good listener.
Brenda and Connie both had problems to process.
I just shut my mind to my world,
sealed my lips,
and opened my ears.
I know I didn't get much work done on the business that day but you know what?
People are more important to me than money.

No comments:

Post a Comment