Saturday, September 25, 2010

9/25/2010 Yo-Yo Girl

*Skips in merrily*
Ahhhhh....Mr. Blog!
Can you tell I had a little
nappy zappy?
I feel like a million bucks tonight.
Patty showed up right after my nap
and we went across the street to Starbucks
and had coffee in the blazing sun for two hours!
She had awesome job-hunting stories to entertain me with
and we just sat and talked and laughed
and it was wonderful.
When she took off
I decided to use my good cheer and have a nice
productive fantasy!
I got out my little notebook
and laptop and wrote down the names
and passenger and crew counts of all the
Holland America ships.
Then I looked at all the cruises I want to work,
which of course is ALL OF THEM!
Just need to get my foot in the door.
That's all.
Well, I'm off to read my latest Maeve Binchy book,
'Quintens.'
I finished, 'The Evening Class' last night
and was wondering how on earth she can keep the backstories
straight for that many characters!
She must have an IQ of 160!
I really enjoyed that book so much
AND it had a happy ending.
Not all of hers do
and I can get really rattled
by the last minute
affairs and divorces and deaths.
The ending of Tara Road still upsets me.
But everyone is showing up in Quentins
so maybe Ria finally finds true love.
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment