Sunday, September 26, 2010

9/26/2010 The Wedding Anniversary

*Skips in merrily and plops on couch*
Good afternoon Mr. Blog,
how are you today?
So today is our 18th Wedding anniversary
and I know I'm always whining about Terry
so today I'll let you what I do like about him:
1 He's kind
2 He's compassionate
3 He's funny
4 He's generous (sometimes)
5 He looks like a serial killer so no one
bothers me when I'm with him
6 He let's me do whatever I want
without asking questions
7 He lets me win at basketball
8 He lets me plan on any vacation I want and
then goes with me and pays for it
9 He looks like a giant muppet when sitting so if
I have earplugs in I can listen to him blather on for hours
10 He goes to work every day so I don't
have to live in a card board box
I guess those are the main things Mr. Blog.
At least I found a man without the BIG FOUR addictions:
Booze, drugs, gambling and cheating
and that is not as easy as it sounds.
I just got home from church and guess what?!
My pew-buddy Mary is going on a Holland America
cruise the last week of April
out of Fort Lauderdale through the Panama Canal.
I am SO going to bid to work her cruise!
I know lots of people from the Bothell senior center
from carrying mail out of Bothell for ten years
and from church and stuff
so it would be funner than fun to work the trip
they are going on!
I'm pretty excited about it and I'm going to print
her trip up and study it tomorrow.
I found a kid that does home repairs to come
fix my printer tomorrow for cheap.
I am very mechanical but when I called one repair
place and asked if I could do it myself
he told me there were many computerized features
inside to watch out for.
I decided to let the professional take care of it.
God I hope Troy's grades hold until he fixes it tomorrow!
Straight As in the three classes posted is phenomenal for him
and I can't wait to print the grade sheet to show Terry.
We just love our little baby to pieces
even if he is over six feet tall now.
So you wouldn't have believed the
Bothell United Methodist Church choir this morning!
I was a little late and snuck in as the kids were
leaving for Sunday school
right before the choir started.
I forget the song but Nola was playing the piano
and my room mate from the women's retreat, Jeanne,
was playing the trombone!
She is obviously the most talented musician on the planet!
I got big tears in my eyes because it sounded like
heaven.
I could see myself climbing the stairs to the Pearly Gates
and they were all above on the higher clouds singing
and playing
and I was so filled with joy that
I'd get to see my mom and dad
and all my aunts and uncles
and cousin Steve
and Patty Boyle and Val and Leslie Clark and other high school pals
that can't go to the reunions
because they are in heaven waiting for us.
It was a very emotional time for me this morning.
After the song my pal Mary whispered to me
that she played trombone in high school in
North Dakota and was not very good at it
and in the winter at a football game
she was marching around
and it was so cold her slide froze up!
Hahahaha. It was so hard not to laugh
during the joys and concerns when she told me that.
Troy gave me a dollar and I went to the Kenmore Dollar Tree
and found an anniversary card for Terry and
his favorite candy bar. Milk chocolate with caramel
inside.
The card had a pale blue blank bottom
with a couple on the beach holding hands at the top.
I found the picture of us together at Mammoth Hot Springs
and cut and taped it perfectly to the bottom of the card
and inside after the pre-printed stuff
I wrote, "All my best and worst times have been with you."
It was 100F at the hot springs and we hiked up
the mountain at least 1,000 stairs to see
a mud puddle sized hot pool.
We laughed and laughed afterwards.
We also nearly got drowned at Tofino in 1987 in the
canoe when the afternoon tides came up and we
didn't have life jackets and we had paddled ten miles
from the town.
Then one time off Orcas Island's Beach Haven
resort we paddled around a cliff
and a tanker went by
and we got stuck in a kelp bed and the waves
we pushing us near the rocks to die.
Terry kept yelling, "Steer around the kelp!"
That was in '88 and we still say it
when we need to avoid anything dangerous.
So Terry and I have had so many wild adventures
on vacation together than I can count.
One time when Kalaloch campground was full in '89
we went and camped in my old truck at the South Beach
parking lot.
We went on a late beach walk and saw these lights
a few miles up the beach and you'll never believe what we saw.
Some people had put up a giant parachute roof and gotten
electricity down to the tent thing
and had a live rock-n-roll band
with giant speakers and a bar
and everything!
We had drinks and danced all night with these
people we had never met before.
Man, the adventures I've had with
Terry.
See you later.
We are going up to the Bothell
Outback Steakhouse for dinner soon.
I sure miss the Kenmore Keg and
Clifford's restaurants
but who knows,
maybe someday someone will take that
skanky Cozy Inn tavern and put in a nice
restaurant with a view again.
It's a great spot over-looking Lake Washington
and Kenmore Air Harbor
and there are always lots of boats and planes
and eagles to watch from there.
Have a nice day Mr. Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment