Friday, November 20, 2009

11/20/09 Hawaii With Bren and Home Again

*Walks in slowly and lies down* Hi Mr Blog, Here is a lei I brought you back from Hawaii. *Hands lei* So it was wonderful to warm up for a few weeks Mr. Blog. Now that I'm an old choker I notice I get chilled easier. Brenda and I had a lovely time. We shopped, went to the bot garden and snorkeled. The usual. She is almost like a sister after being pals since 10th grade in 1973.
She is the most amazing person I ever met in my entire life. Unique. Wonderful.
This time before I went I decided to be more amenable to all the things she wanted to do.
So I went to her classes and AA meetings and even Zimbalatize.
I especially enjoyed going to Uncle Robert's kava bar and meeting him and Puna and Julie and Uncle Harold. It is down at the lava flow area. Speaking of lava flow, we went at night to watch the lava spew into the ocean. What a firey and exciting sight that was!
I could talk for hours about the trip but it would be too boring for you. We got rained out the whole two weeks except the last day but I didn't care because it was 75F! Lovely warmth.
So I got home to the usual bomb disaster of a house
with both kids sick with colds and mailman Terry cranky as the day is long.
Troy didn't make the school basketball team and I am so sad for him.
He tried so hard and I could tell he was sad. Maybe next year.
I am tired today so I'm going to go take a nap before my errands.
I have mountains of Nixpix work but can't start on it until the home is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment