Wednesday, November 4, 2009

11/4/09 Zumiez Alderwood Mall

*Skips in and lies down happily*
Hello Mr. Blog! How are you today? *Listens to a story about his Bassett hound*
That is so cute you named him NoMo after Stan Boreson's dog! You should bring him in!
So anyway, yesterday I picked up Connie and we dropped off our huge game display at Zumiez.
I had designed it around a box so the bottom was completely full of business cards, contest forms and candy! When I was subbing, I got very positive results from the teens bribing them with candy. No five paragraph essay, no Jolly Rancher.
So I think my candy strategy is a good one. The top of the display was a demo game glued vertically with some mini-racers attached and it looked really attractive.
The two ladies at Zumiez were very receptive and Allison said they were just in the
middle of refreshing their outside vendor information area.
If there is ONE place to advertise in Washington State it is at the Alderwood Mall Zumiez.
I bought so much stuff there for Troy and Teddy the last two Christmases and they
have all the latest cool graphic designs on clothes and hats and shoes.
We had lunch at Macaroni's fancy pants restaurant because the beautiful and generous
Stephanie McCarthy had given me a gift card for finding her babysitters.
Ohhh, it was nice. All brick and wood decor with a Chilhuly swag lamp in the entryway!
I had the eggplant parmesan and Connie had something that looked yummy.
We went over our business plan and realized without the next batch of games to sell
we were at a bit of a standstill. Hard to sell with no product.
Connie was kind enough to see the matinee of "Whip It" with me because
we are both Drew Barrymore and rollerderby fans.
The skating scenes were fantastic and now I'm going to go see one soon.
So I did a zillion errands after that and called Jeff at Allegra to get a release date
of our large-print, family fun edition and he said November 20th.
There is no sub work and I'll sell my last three small-print games Saturday
so I called Bren and she said to come out for a visit to Hawaii.
I have a comp ticket so I decided to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment