Monday, November 2, 2009

11/2/09 The Washington State DECA Conference

*Walks in and lies down* Well Mr. Blog, I knew going out of town right before the conference was dicey. Connie met me at Starbucks Monday night and was really put out when all I had
was six scenes for our skit outlined. I don't blame her because I was a terrible businesswoman to go out of town like that. We hammered out a plan and I asked her what was wrong and she
told me she had fallen down a flight of stairs the day before! My God Mr. Blog. She is tough
as frickin' nails. Wish I was half that tough.
So she picked me up Tuesday and we went to Meydenbauer Center in Bellevue and got our groove on. Only six teachers came for our presentation and they looked tired and grouchy since it was the last class of the conference. I was a little stiff but Connie pulled out all the stops and got loads of laughs. By the end of our ten minute skit of the birth of Nixpix they were all grinning.
One nice blond lady teacher said then and there that she was having her two classes market our game. We passed out goody bags with business card magnets and nipixjingle contest forms and candy and at the end I took more downstairs and passed them all out. 1,000 business cards and 1,000 contest forms. I think we did well.

No comments:

Post a Comment