Monday, October 18, 2010

10/18/2010 The Bobble-head Doll Wife

*Skips in again and plops down*
Whew, I didn't think I could divert Terry
that time Mr. Blog!
I have to have two cups of coffee
before ANYONE talks to me so I came up
with a very effective strategy to deal
with his WAKE UP FULL OF ENGERGY
AND BLABBERMOUTHNESS.
On his day off during the week,
when the kids are gone,
I let him talk to me in the morning.
It is SO BRUTAL
but I love my husband
and want to stay married
so I came up with a strategy last year that
REALLY WORKS!
I leave in my earplugs when I hear Teddy leave for school
and I come upstairs, get my coffee and sit on the couch
next to his big daddy recliner
and I put up the footrest built into the couch
and pretend to listen to him for TWO HOURS!
Aren't I a genius Mr. Blog?!
I can't really hear anything he is saying
but it doesn't matter
because it is all about the post office
which would kill me from boredom if I could hear it.
I just stare at him, smile, and bob my head up and down
the entire time.
He is so happy! AND I get to stay married
and it is only two hours each week.
I am the bobble-head doll wife!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment