Sunday, October 3, 2010

10/3/2010 Reverend Stephen Tarr's Inspirational Sermon

*Walks in and lies on couch*
Hi Mr. Blog,
That was such a good sermon this morning.
Reverend Tarr did a bang up job on his
"I heart ____." sermon.
The scripture was Mark 14:3-9
which is when a woman comes into the room
where Jesus is sitting with the disciplines
and anoints him with expensive oil.
She is criticised for doing so and others say
she should have sold it and given the money to the poor.
Well, there is that horrible should word Mr. Blog!
If every person in the world could focus on their own behavior
and eliminate the should word we'd be
so much better off!
So anyway, Jesus defends her to make her own choices.
Jesus tells everyone that it is right to be accepting
of the choices that other people make.
Pastor Tarr went on to talk about
All the I heart ---- bumper stickers.
He said that all people need to contemplate
what they love.
Find their passion.
Follow their passion.
Be invigorated by following their passion.
I was pretty inspired by that sermon.
It picked up on the sermon Reverend Laura gave
last week nicely.
It was about how people can stand out and be different
and go around wearing a sign that says, "Free Hugs."
I was so inspired by her sermon I almost made a sign like that
and then I remembered I already have a reputation for being a little
odd and I'm trying to shake it off.
I am so amazed at what a great job that Stephen and Laura do.
My step-dad was a minister and followed the liturgy
of the church for his sermons.
He was a great singer too.
It was outstanding when we were singing the closing hymn
'Be Thou My Vision' and pastor Stephen had his neck microphone
turned up and was singing harmony.
He is an AWESOME singer!
Unfortunately, after the first verse he turned his
microphone down.
Too bad since the chancel choir had left and without
them the rest of us sound so bad that I sometimes wonder
if we'll have our toes toasted over some hellfire
for corrupting the beautiful hymns so badly!
So, I'm off to follow my passion today.
I'm signing up for a CB radio class
which is something I have always wanted to do
and later on I'm going to the swamp for reeds
to make some miniature Nile River basin rafts.
One of Holland America's Grand Cruises
goes up the Red Sea and through the Suez Canal
and I wanted an ancient Eygptian craft
to lead on the ships.
I'm thinking an antique map replica of the world that can be rolled up
and then little poppets with costumes and gear for each country
would be fun to make.
Have a great day Mr. Blog.
I'm off to find inspiration in my laundry baskets!
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment