Friday, October 8, 2010

10/8/2010 Okay, You Will NOT Believe What My Husband Said to Me Monday

*Drags in coughing and lies down gingerly*
Ugh Mr. Blog.
I don't feel good. Headache, sore throat.
Bleh.
I think it's from stress.
Job hunting is very stressful.
Especially when you spend forty thousand dollars on a college
degree and feel like it is getting you exactly
no where.
So on Monday, I decided I liked my husband
but you will not believe what he said to me.
I spent THREE HOURS making his favorite meatloaf
from my grandmother's secret recipe.
I made garlic roasted red potatoes and corn
and ran out of time to make Apple Brown Betty.
I just baked the fresh apples with butter, sugar and cinnamon.
So Terry eats it all up like a horse
then he goes and lies down on the couch to watch TV.
I get in my nightly spot to tickle his feet and you know what he says,
"I'm surprised you didn't put the crust on the Apple Brown Betty
like you usually do."
I just smiled but I was seething inside thinking
about my great grandmother's Ex-Lax meatloaf recipe.
It came out in 1930 in The Lady's Home Perfect magazine
to help with pompous husbands.
That's all I have to say about that Mr. Blog.
while I spend the next hour doing dishes

No comments:

Post a Comment