Thursday, December 16, 2010

12/16/2010 The Lady Who Was a Mailman, Flight Attendant, Schoolteacher, Then Decided to Work on a Cruise Ship

Oh Mr. Blog,
I am so tense.
It took all day to download and scan
and send another batch of forms to Miami.
She processed the twelve pages I faxed her
yesterday already!
So I'm scheduled for my Coast Guard physical
tomorrow and I'm worried sick.
Lifting forty pounds seems heavier to me at fifty-four
than it did at my post office test in 1977
when I was twenty.
So, all my jobs have had ups and downs.
I can tell you more in a few decades
when my kids are older.
Don't want to scar them with
crazy postal worker stories
or saucy airline stories
or eye-opening teaching stories.
Right now I have my eye on the prize:
Five months on The Pride of America cruise ship
circling the Hawaiian islands.
It's a dirty job,
but somebody's got to do it.
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment