Monday, December 6, 2010

12/6/2010 Skype Job Interview From Miami to Seattle

Well, I survived Mr. Blog.
It was a close on though.
I worn the waist cincher Marta gave me with my spanx
and didn't get to breathe for an hour.
Her mom had bought it for her but it was too big
and now I know too big for Marta is size six.
My ribcage is still barking.
Sure was weird doing my hair and make up
and putting on a suit to go to my living room.
I thought about wearing my PJ pants
for fun
but decided I needed to feel that interview stress rush.
I was going to wear my slippers
but decided I needed the pain of my high heels
to get in the mood.
I spent all day yesterday making a set on my vendor table.
I covered it with the olive green tablecloth Marta gave me
and all the scout and Hawaiian crafts I'd made.
It looked really nice behind me on the tiny picture I could
see of me.
I made a list of questions she asked me for the
youth staff job on the cruise ship:
1 What do you know about our company?
2 Tell me what your favorite age of children is to work with and why?
3 We have rooms for age 2-5, 6-8, 9-12 and teenagers.
Tell me what activities you would plan with each
of these age groups.
4 Tell me about a difficult child you have had to work with.
5 Have you ever worked with special needs children?
6 Do you have a current CPR and First Aid Card?
7 How do you feel about having three roommates in a
room the size of a postage stamp?
8 How does your family feel about you going away?
9 Why would you want to take a huge pay cut per hour from what you are earning as a school teacher?
10 Would you have the stamina to work ten hours a day
seven days a week for five months?
11 Do you have a Hawaiian nick name or can you think of one you'd like?
I had great answers but I'm not getting my hopes up.
At least I have had a full week of fantasies
of cruising the Hawaiian Islands and
organizing games and activities
for the little rascals.
It was worth the time and effort
undergo the interview procedure for that.
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment