Wednesday, June 16, 2010

6/16/2010 Preparing for the Puyallup Home School Convention

*Bounces in excitedly and flops on couch*
Ahhh, Mr. Blog,
I love, love, love how you are always here for me!
I am so excited for the home school convention Friday
and Saturday I can barely contain myself!
I was sick my last two shows and it is hard
to sell when you feel poopy.
Terry is at work and the kids are in school so I could
get all my supplies sorted and packed without confusion.
I woke up to a message from my friend Dori about not throwing
in the towel for getting a teaching job quite yet.
I DID see the light bulb go off in the kids' eyes several
times when I was student teaching.
It was so powerful.
And so hard won.
I would spend five hours preparing a one hour geometry lesson
to devise kinetic memorization strategies
that I was sure would work on the kids.
Tough to turn your back on that!
She suggested I send notes to the principals I know best
so that was what I did!
My resume happened to fall inside the envelopes
I was sending.
What if there was a miracle Mr. Blog
and they needed to hire more affirmative action people?
At fifty-three years old I would be the oldest new hire
in the history of Northshore School District!
So I whipped off a few notes and resumes and popped them
in the mail right when I got up for inspiration.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right Mr. Blog?
I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up for high sales
at the home school convention Mr. Blog.
It will be the first venue in my ten months of sales
where people will be actually looking to buy educational products.
I'm taking two hundred games just to be safe.
If I sold them all I could at least pay Connie the
cash I owe her and that would make me feel good.
I'm still sad that the printer goofed up and only
laminated the top of the top game board.
It's embarrassing to have curling flaps
but there is nothing I can do about it now.
Move forward, move forward, move forward.
Right Mr. Blog?
Do you believe in God Mr. Blog?
*Looks over at him and sees him nodding*
I do too. it's just how I was raised to have faith.
I need to have faith I'll sell out Friday and Saturday.
I need to have faith that I'll get a full time teaching job
next year and be a super duper teacher.
I need to fund Gin Latin to help young people globally
find easier and better literary success!
I love, love, love to read Mr. Blog.
Don't you?
*Looks over to see him nodding*
Everyone should have the literacy fluency to enjoy the
wonderful books and stories out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment