Tuesday, June 8, 2010

6/8/2010 Melinda Gates, My Hero

*Walks in cheerfully and lies down on couch*
Hi Mr. Blog,
You know how I am always thinking
about how we are going to
end the human sufferings and
socioeconomic inequities of the world?
Well, the Seattle Times had an
article this morning that gave me
great hope for the future of
our people and planet.
THE BIG NEWS OF THE DAY
that has me so excited
is that Melinda Gates is having
her foundation donate 1.5 BILLION dollars
to help women globally that don't have access
to birth control and medical care.
Did you know over 200 million women globally
don't have basic family medical care?
That is so outrageous Mr. Blog.
You know how I think global overpopulation
is going to make our species extinct.
With the abundance of human and physical
resources it seems like we should be able
to solve all the problems of the world.
And here comes Melinda Gates to tell
the world leaders that we haven't tried hard enough.
And she is right.
We are all responsible for taking
care of each other
and having the compassion
and desire to solve our problems.
Melinda Gates is my hero now,
above all others.
I wish I could mail her a thank you card
but I doubt it would ever get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment