Tuesday, June 8, 2010

6/8/2010 Earring Quest

**Cartwheels in feeling very frisky, does a back-flip and lands on couch*
Good Morning Mr. Blog!
Nothing like coming here where I can
do anything my imagination lets me do.
*Juggles 100 nerf balls while laying on back*
I feel like a million bucks today!
No flu. No cold.
I think maybe it was good for me
to just take a day off from chores
yesterday to goof off.
It was fun to go to Alderwood Mall and see the
movie, "Splice." I only saw half 'cause it was
too scary and I had my hands over my eyes
whenever the suspenseful music came on.
I enjoyed hunting for earrings to replace these ones
I bought in 2003. I'm so picky!
When Gottchalks bought the Lake Forest Park Lamonts,I shopped there until they closed.
It was the only department store in Northshore.
Then they decided to sell that store and had
a big going out of business sale.
I bought four pair of 14 karat gold
leaver-back earrings with .5 carat cubic zirconium stones.
So, I'm too lazy to change my earrings and they
were perfect because I could sleep in them without
getting poked in the neck.
As I lost them, I'd just keep going through the
next seven, then six, blah, blah, blah
until I had one left.
I went to Target and found
nearly the same ones
but only one quarter the size.
So I wore those for a year until I lost one
and then I found an old Gottchalk's one under
my bed, but they were different sizes.
So that is what I have been wearing for the last year.
No one has noticed or if they did
they didn't say anything.
Last time I went to visit Bren,
we went to the Hilo mall and checked
every single store.
Ten stores, without any luck.
So, after my movie,
I went to ten stores in Alderwood Mall
and found some similar
but not exactly what I wanted.
I did find the perfect style and size at Sears
only to find out they were coated nickel
which would give me an ear infection.
Shopping alone made me miss Brenda.
It made me miss our close friendship
that we used to have.
But people and relationships all evolve
over time to different phases
so it was to be expected.
The heart often has
it's own directive
and it isn't always logical.
After two hours I gave up and
hung around at Godiva Chocolates
with my scout pal Grady.
I met him when he was working up
at Camp Brinkley as a staffer
six years ago.
He was only thirteen then
and was there every year for four years that
I took my little cubs
up to camp for a week.
We became pals
and don't live too far apart
and it was fun to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment