Thursday, June 3, 2010

6/3/2010 I Love Those Big Recycle Bins! Tree Climbing Old Ladies

*Walks in slowly and flops on couch*
Hi Mr. Blog.
I finally feel a little better.
Do you think stress can make you sick?
I was pretty hysterical and disturbed after
my day at the graveyard
and have felt poopy ever since.
I want to work tomorrow very, very much
so I'm going to go to bed at six tonight.
I am so happy the recycle and garbage man came yesterday.
I love the giant green wheeled bins they invented
so we could all pitch in and help our environment.
I filled them so full of stuff from mom and Lyle's
junk in the basement last week that I had to climb up
inside the recycle bin and jump on it.
I know I hurt my back a little but it was worth it.
Reminded me of how much I love love love
to climb trees!
The last time I climbed one was six years ago
down in the swamp.
I was only forty-seven and I was babysitting
Jacob Waldrop for Wanda.
He and Troy and Teddy and I were down in the swamp
and I saw some pussywillows I wanted and started climbing.
They were quite surprised to see an old lady
climbing a tree.
Well, going up was fairly easy
although I was certainly not as limber
as a monkey like I was in my thirties.
I seemed to have gotten a tad heavier too.
I was about fifteen feet up when the branch under
my feet broke off!.
Lickety split I was sailing through the
air like a missile
and landed on my butt in the mud.
Now there is a situation where a big butt
is highly advantageous if I ever saw one!
I turned red with embarrassment and the boys cracked up.
Now I read years ago that it is biologically impossible for
someone over the age of thirty to blush
and I beg to differ on that point.
If there was ever a person that could do or say
something embarrassing once a day,
I'm that person.

No comments:

Post a Comment