Friday, June 4, 2010

6/4/2010 I Am The Inconvenient Friend

*Walks in slowly and lies down on couch*
I am feeling a little better but cleaning out
my parents' stuff is wearing me down a bit.
I think that is why I keep getting sick.
Stress from sorting my dead parents stuff
just makes me feel weak and tired and vulnerable.
So three days ago my childhood pal Sarah
called out of the blue.
I hadn't seen her or talked to her for six years.
She is so bubbly and delightful and sounded
very interested in rekindling our friendship.
I was tickled and asked if she would like me
to pop down Sunday afternoon.
She said that would be lovely.
The next day I woke up and thought,
"Wait a minute. The last four times we got together
I went to her house, even though it is way down in town."
So I called her and said that since
I visited her the last four times,
it was time for her to to make the effort to visit me.
Guess what she said, Mr. Blog?
"I'm not driving out to Kenmore. That is inconvenient."
Well, I told her that when she had more energy,
that she could make the effort
and then I'd go down and frolic at her place with her.
She just laughed and I did too but I don't think she'll call again
because I think that I am just
the inconvenient friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment