Tuesday, November 23, 2010

11/23/2010 The Advantage of Growing Up in Holly Park Housing Project

I'm starting to run down from chores Mr. Blog,
might need a nap.
I forgot to tell you earlier about the advantages
of growing up in Holly Park Housing Project.
My mom was so broke she could never follow recipes.
She couldn't afford ingredients.
To this day,
I only own one cookbook.
Why use recipes anyway?
What a waste of time!
Right up there with clothing, hair and make up
for time wasters in my mind.
But my mom was a genius at stretching her
welfare checks and here are a few of her tips:
Tomato soup can be stretched by doubling the water called for
if you ad a quarter cup of milk and a dash of pepper.
Tuna fish can be quadrupled if you use cottage cheese salt and pepper.
I wish my mom was still alive and young.
I thought she was such a horrible, critical person
until I had children.
She just wanted us to be nice people Mr. Blog.
That's all.
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment