Wednesday, November 10, 2010

November 10, 2010 My 54th Birthday

Ahhhhh, Mr. Blog!
It's my birthday!
I haven't been home for my birthday in five years.
Brenny would buy me a ticket to visit her in Hawaii
and I'd pay her back later with my sub money
or Terry would buy me a ticket to get me out of his hair.
My kids think I'm 49!
But you know what Mr. Blog?
I feel twenty-nine!
Now that I'm sleeping for the first time in seven years
I feel fantastic.
Those stupid hot flashes all night nearly killed me
because I'm a big sleepaholic.
I've always slept ten hours a night.
Now that I'm older I only sleep eight
but feel good. No.
I FEEL GREAT!!!
So Brenny called and I was telling her how Terry and I
watched 'Second Hand Lions' a few nights ago
and that the story starts when the old men die
and goes to flashbacks of their youth.
I told Brenny that we needed a batch of better
adventures if we were going to have some really
good memories when we are ninety-two.
She reminded me of some of our adventures that
I had forgotten about
and I decided to write them down.
Turns out I love to write.
When I finally get hired by Holland America
to be a librarian, I'll get a few sets of good books
for my reading club.
I cut out the reviews of books I want to buy
and save them in a binder.
There are some I really, really, really want
badly but can't afford them.
That one about the London Tower
and the dust bowl and the history of salt.
I just got so spoiled working at the Post Office
and the airlines.
I could buy all the books I wanted
and I did!
When I was flying I switched to used paperbacks
so if I forgot them on a plane or at the hotel
I wouldn't care.
I read all the Louis L'Amores and
tons of little romance novels.
So it is a blazing sunny day!
I am so happy.
I'm going to finish calling people for
JoAnn's election,
go out to lunch to Toshi's
and Patty is coming over later to go to Starbucks!
Sissy is bringing over a pumpkin pie later
for a family singing
and you know what my wish will be when I blow out
those candles!
A TEACHING JOB.
I don't care where.
I just want to use my degree Mr. Blog.
I feel guilty wishing for something for myself.
I really want all the people in the world to have good health
and happiness and prosperity the most
and that should be my first wish.
But I love my husband and
our kids are eating us out of house and home!
So tonight I'm making Terry watch
'Fried Green Tomatoes' with me!
He HATES chick flicks
but it is my birthday
and as long as I tickle his feet
he'll be able to stomach it.
I'm just so happy Mr. Blog.
We have perfect health
and a great house
and loads of fun together.
YOU have a great day too!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment