Tuesday, November 30, 2010

11/30/2010 Sledding on Thanksgiving

Happy Holidays Mr. Blog!
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Mr. Blog because
of the snow. Rare thing here.
Last snowy Thanksgiving was 1985.
Terry and I went sledding with the kids.
They even invited us to go to their special hill.
Well, I learned that special, to a sixteen year old,
means STEEP.
Not just any steep, but
HAIR STANDING ON END STEEP!
Terry, having been a teen boy
trying to kill himself when he was young,
didn't even walk up the golf course to see their hill.
I got up there and Teddy said, "Right here mom."
It was your basic cliff.
My sons hate me most of the time for making them
do chores so I desperately wanted to bond with them,
but I wanted to live too.
So I backed up the trail about twenty feet and crawled
under the golf cart trail rope
and swallowed my pride.
I sat down in my little plastic toboggan
and gripped the sides for dear life
and flew down the cliff
screaming with terror!
When the worst was over and I only had twenty
feet to go
I relaxed my grip.
Bad move Mr. Blog.
My toboggan flipped out from under me
and I basically body surfed on my stomach
down the end of the course.
Brrr. I'm cold still thinking about it.
Troy came over and managed to get me out of
my face-plant position
and once vertical again
I could see the shining respect in the eyes
of my sons for a few seconds.
So I'd say the bruises were worth it.
There will come a day when
I can no longer manage
"The special hill."
But until then,
"Look Out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment