Monday, November 8, 2010

11/8/2010 I Want to be a Church Lady

Hi Mr. Blog,
I am so sore from bowling yesterday.
Someone told me after the tournament last
year they had, "Bowling Butt."
Hahaha. That is so cute.
So I had a message on the phone machine last night from
Lynn Pearson at the church and called her back.
She asked if I was interested in a volunteer job
next fall on the nominating committee.
I told her I wasn't but I really am.
But you know what Mr. Blog?
As much as I miss being a scout leader
and PTA volunteer,
I have promised myself that I will not do
ANY volunteer work until I have a full time
paid job teaching.
Whether on land or on sea,
I want to work.
Work for cash.
I WANT to pay taxes!
I love our roads and parks and
everything single thing about America.
I love how I can be a church lady soon
without someone wanting to shoot at me for not
following the popular religion.
I love my freedom.
Brenda says we are both freedom freaks
and I suspect she is right.
SO, the minute I get a job
I'm calling Lynn Pearson
and I'm saying, "What can I do?"
Do you remember when Dana Carvey used to do that
Church Lady skit on Saturday Night Live?
That's how I want to be.
The Church Lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment