Monday, November 1, 2010

11/2/2010 That Deformed Twix Bar Was the Best Thing I Ever Ate!

*Bounces in merrily and plops on couch.
Oh my goodness Mr. Blog!
My day kept getting better and better and better.
I'm surprised Holland America didn't call and hire me to
work the librarian position on the 14 day Hawaii loop that leaves Sunday!
After I left here I dashed down to rotate the wash and when
I looked in the machine I could see a mangled candy wrapper.
I fished it out and it was a slightly deformed mini TWIX!!!
This was the first time in FIFTY years that a piece of candy didn't
cross my lips on Halloween and I was feeling darn smug.
I had just finished my lasagna at noon and that
DEFORMED TWIX BAR WAS THE BEST THING I EVER ATE!
I ate it standing right there in my cold,
ugly but clean, utility room.
I ate it SO SLOWLY!
I used to think they were disgusting
like the candy plant was cheaping out
adding a wafer inside.
But not anymore!
The chocolate was of a high-tasting quality
and the wafer was delightful.
And it tasted really, really good!
You know, I think there might be a dash of caramel inside.
Patty called just then and wanted to go to Starbucks
and I told her two o'clock
and then ran like a madwoman upstairs
to do my Jane Fonda tape,
get my shopping list made
and then race to shower and dress.
I was so happy I didn't even care
that it was the ugliest day I ever saw!
I dropped off my prescription at my beloved Rite Aid
and dashed over to the Kenmore UPS store.
They have the cutest cards in the world right there!
Right in downtown next to my beloved Toshi's Teriyaki.
Did you know that the owner Kim was also born in 1956?
Her birthday is in July so that makes her three months older than me.
Little rascal.
And I mean little too!
I guess Korean people are pretty short.
She is so cute!
I had seen the great Halloween cards last week when I was in making
color copies of cub scout and carnival games
I had made for cruise ship applications.
I wanted super-cute special thank you cards for the ladies
that interviewed me for Norwegian Cruise line last week.
They aren't thank you cards but I wish I could show you one.
It's a picture of a ten year old witch girl from the back with
her hands on her hips in that sassy style girls get sometimes
and she is looking at a wall with eight different styled brooms and
inside it says, "Sometimes you just have to accessorize."
Man, if I had a job I would have so bought every single on of those
to mail to all my home girls.
Broke my heart that I could only buy two!
So after that I dashed in the rain to Kookmore Safeway
but only saw three kooks on the way.
That was disappointing
but, Safeway had everything I needed and
GUESS WHAT?!
My favorite checker Michelle said her brother works for
Holland America! AND...
HE IS WORKING THE WORLD CRUISE I WANTED TO WORK ON!
I couldn't believe it!
I cried and cried September 25th
when that ship left without me.
I had practiced Russian, Japanese and Chinese greetings too.
Her brother is a guitarist so that is what he gets to do.
Man, playing guitar on a cruise ship.
I'm so jealous I could just spit!
I'm writing him a letter with my phone number so when
he gets home I can buy him coffee and hear all about it!
I can't wait!
When I got home Patty pulled up and we went straight to Starbucks
and frolicked over our coffee for hours and hours.
We got armchairs next to the fireplace!
I know.
I told you it was my lucky day.
She has a JOB INTERVIEW tomorrow and I am so jealous.
I will put her on my prayer list when I get
down on my prayer bones in a few hours.
Her interview is at one tomorrow down at the Bellevue Macy's
so I'll pray then too.
You know I have seen a few miracles
and I really believe in divine intervention.
Well, I need to get back to mending Terry's favorite shirt.
You would not believe this nasty green rag of a tee-shirt in a million
years Mr. Blog!
And the smell!
Even after washing it makes my eyes water to work on it.
Thank God I have chronic sinusitis.
Besides the headaches behind my eyeballs
that make it feel like someone is stabbing me with an ice pick,
it is a really good thing!
Bye bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment