Saturday, December 12, 2009

12/12/09 Woodinville High School

*skips in and flops on couch* Oh! Mr. Blog.
I think I turned a corner today. It was a very wild week.
On Wednesday Margo Thorning came over and we went to tea at the Chateau in Bothell.
I stopped on the way and dropped off the world's biggest bluckberry cobbler
at Allegra printers in Bothell on the way. They did such an amazing job on my game.
So we found Riel and went to see my old Junior Classical League pal, Ann Wendell,
give a book reading on her new book on the history of Frederick and Nelsons.
She also wrote a book on the history of the Ravenna neighborhood I want to buy because it has
pictures of Bryant and Eckstein and Roosevelt High school when they were all new!
She was so warm friendly and signed the books we bought
and even let us take our picture with her and Santa Claus.
He talk was brilliant and the waiters and waitresses brought
loads of fancy tiny sandwiches and tarts.
Then they had a Frederick and Nelson fashion show of vintage clothing.
It was awesome and Riel and Margo were such a hoot!
We had a blast and Margo won the doorprize!
A copy of Ann's book on the history of Ravenna.
On Thursday we all went to Terry's uncle's funeral and it was so sad I don't want to talk about it yet. Way too distressing to think about my cherished mother-in-law losing her only brother.
So I subbed up at Frank Love in the Resource Room yesterday and loved seeing
Penny and the kids. I have subbed for her for four years so I know the kids
really well and I'm very attached to them.
Only snag was I had my RHS Christmas shindig last night too and I was pretty tired.
I lived near University Village from 1966 when I was ten to 1975 and I didn't even
recognize it. It is totally yuppified now and the Christmas lights were beautiful.
It was fun to hang out with Riel, Margo, Mimi, Barb, Bonnie and George and Forrest.
We went to the Ram and the food was fantastic. It was a great visit!
Today I worked at the Woodinville arts and crafts fair selling my game and it was so fun!
I had great vendor neighbors, Laura, who is a painter and Janet who is a Tupperware seller.
We just laughed and chatted all day long and I sold seven games.
The teens there were so nice! A teacher there asked me to sub for her so that was nice.
I got tons of vendor tips from everyone there and wrote them all down.
I like working at the fairs and look forward to getting Gin Latin printed to take around.
It is kinda embarrassing to only have one product and everyone else has racks and racks
of different stuff. I look forward to vending with these women for years and years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment