Tuesday, December 29, 2009

12/29/09 Municpal Code Violations

*Walks in and lies down*
Hi Mr. Blog. You would not believe the party I went to last night! It was at a Roosevelt High School pal's house and she lives in Windemere on the bluff over the lake. It is the most beautiful house in the world and Pam was such a charming hostess. About 20 Roughriders showed up.
So the mail came early at noon and I got so excited by this thick priority mail envelope.
But guess what it was?
*Stares at Mr. Blog*
Okay, I'll tell you. It was a twenty page long letter from Angelo Bonomi, the City of Kenmore Compliance officer. We are old friends going back two summers ago when our pool deck was two inches above the level needing a permit and he was really mean to me and made me cry.
I had to make a building plan, then a site plan and both took three tries to get it right.
I was at City Hall and I finally gave up and asked him what would happen if I did nothing
and he gave me a mean look and pointed up at the giant red STOP WORK sign behind him.
It was so horrible and finally Terry took over and finished the compliance work for me.
Anyway, Angelo came out and saw my giant NIXPIX sign
and wrote me up for that and
investigated NIXPIX and wrote me up for not having a city of Kenmore Permit.
I have a state license, which I thought for an online business was enough.
So I'll muddle through the ten pages of city codes and fill out pages of forms
and drag Terry to the bank to get everything notarized.
My sign has to come down January 30th and I'm so sad!
I worked really heard on that sign too!
Oh well, at least the letter had a high quality photo of the sign I can frame for the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment