Thursday, December 17, 2009

12/17/09 Business Shut Down

*Walks in and lies down for short rest*
Hi Mr. Blog. I got the Christmas tree up and our new kittens just love climbing it!
Troy let me store the game parts in his closet, thank God.
So yesterday, Terry comes home all sore and tired and cranky from delivering
all the Christmas mail
and tells me I have to close down my little business
because I'm not making money to help with the bills.
*Gets up and paces*
I'm not going to. For crying out loud Mr. Blog! We all have perfect health!
Look at all the health problems everyone we know has!
*Lies back down*
So I decided to make my own retail outlet in front of our house.
You've seen where we live right on the highway Mr. Blog!
I went to Plywood Supply and got a bunch of 4x8' cardboard pieces and
two were plain white so I used my automotive adhesive to glue them together last night.
I had to work in my bedroom because the kittens get in everything!
I cut them into the shape of a 4x6' skateboard and I
just finished spray painting them yellow.
Now I'm really dizzy from the fumes
but when my head clears I'm going to go to Mabel's and see if I can have more of her old
yardsticks she doesn't use for the nixpix letters.
I'm going to spray paint them black and saw them up make the letters.
I think it will look cool and 3-D.
I have an electric handsaw so I need to hustle up and get the painting done.
I don't want to use power tools dizzy.
I am worried about going up the ladder and sawing the limbs
off the trees. I'm just not very coordinated.
Nailing the sign up will be a problem too because I
want it to be visible from the Starbucks across the street.
I was going to have a banner made and have the fire department
tie it to my tree but I can't afford a banner.
Mr. Blog, I don't want to give up my business!
I love designing games to help people learn or have fun or both.
It makes me feel valuable.
I mean not everyone can afford $500.00 for driving school for their kids!
My game is $25.00 and the kids can play enough to get a permit
and at least help with the family driving.
You still need drivers ed class to get a license under 18 but guess what?!
A friend of Troy's took driver's ed but didn't pass the knowledge test.
So I'm not giving up.
I just have to cook more
and listen to boring post office stories for hours and hours and hours on end.
And tickle Terry's feet. I have been doing that every night
for twenty-two years now.
He did find out about the home equity loan that I was never going to tell him about.
He was home when the 500 games got delivered and got all nosy on me.
I tried to sell my van to cover the print costs and forgot his name is on the title too.
I paid for it myself but figured if I dropped dead it would be easier for him with his name on it.
Oh, cheery news too Mr. Blog.
I took Mabel for our annual Christmas shopping trip yesterday
to Lake City Fred Meyers.
We found almost everything on Mike's list and he'll be so happy.
I love Mabel and pretend she is my mom.
Mom's been gone four years now and Lyle seven.
So after we shopped she wanted to take me out to lunch
so we went to Flo Anna's and had THE BEST lunch.
We drank coffee and she had a hamburger and I had a Rueben, which is my favorite!
She said something that upset me when we were leaving Fred Meyers Mr. Blog.
She looked at me and said, "This is my last Christmas."
I told her to forget about that idea.
I know she is eighty-nine but I can't bear the thought of losing her.
We love to hang out and talk and drink sodas.
I love hearing all the stories of her growing up on the farm in Minnesota and
walking two miles to school in the snow.
I like hearing about how Arky built her house for her sixty years ago
and her job at Boeing and later John Fluke.
I love her stories about how the train used to run in front of our houses to the
shingle mill on the lake where the bike trail is now.
It was mostly farms on our road with cows and horses and I do remember the giant
white barn that they tore down to build Trail Walk condominiums.
So, I love owning my business so I can be available for Mabel.
It's good to have a flexible schedule
and I can make more money later.

No comments:

Post a Comment