Friday, December 4, 2009

12/4/09 The Great Kitten Mix-Up

*Walks in quickly and cheerfully and sits down*
Whew Mr. Blog! Under the wire again! Two times this month but I can't tell you about the other time for a year or two because the walls have ears.
So my 90 year old neighbor Mabel has a son Mike that lives in Everett.
When her cat had another batch of ten kittens I was running all around finding homes for them.
Our road is covered with orange kittens! If you like orange cats drive down my road, slowly.
So Mike goes to Hawaii and brings Scooter and orange to be cat-sat by Mabel.
Right after he leaves Troy's friend Ariana's dad gets laid off so she brings us
orange Winston to cat-sit until her dad get's rehired.
She also takes a black-orange tabby back to Mabel's as a return.
Well, Mabel calls me that she is tripping over her two cats and three kittens.
So I don't know about Ariana's kitten and I go over and tell Mabel I'll look for a home for it.
She says, "Don't get them mixed up! Mike's has the orange patch on her face."
So Teddy's orange kitten Earl is sick and I put a post on Facebook down the hall.
Connie's friend Gretchen brings medicine for Earl to my house.
I tell her about Mabel and the kitten problem and we go look at them.
She loves what she thinks is Ariana's returned kitten and it turns out
to be Mike's kitten Scooter but I don't know it!
I ask Mabel three times if we have the right kitten to give
away and she says yes, but makes Gretchen promise to exchange it if she
is wrong and Gretchen agrees to that.
Gretchen comes back the next day and we give it flea medicine and worming medicine and
she takes it home.
Two weeks later Mike gets back from Hawaii and finds out I gave away HIS kitten.
So I talk Gretchen into returning it.
Then her little son is crying all night so she decides she has to keep it
despite promising Mabel to return it and switch two weeks previously!
Yikes Mr. Blog! I call Mabel and she says, "Don't worry. We all have pretty good health and
we aren't dead yet."
So I call Mike and felt like while he was on vacation I helped someone cat-nap his kitten but
you know what?
He forgave me. It was horrible because he told me if he'd known another matching kitten was coming while he was gone he would have put a collar on Scooter.
That made me cry. This was the worst thing I have ever done because
it involved a small innocent creature.
So Gretchen and her little son love Scooter only now she is Cabella.
Mike is coming over Sunday for his orange kitten and I don't know if he will take
the black tabby with orange splotch face or not.
Earl and Winston are my biggest joy right now despite
the fact they have shredded my entire house from end to end
and gone pee pee on 100 packages for my game that I had to throw out.
But I got two more rolling duffles at Costco yesterday
so I can hide everything from the double-trouble orange kittens.

No comments:

Post a Comment