Friday, April 16, 2010

4/16/2010 Teen Chow Quest & Bad Dial Soap

*Walks in gingerly and lies on couch*
Wow Mr. Blog,
For not getting much sleep I sure did a lot. I'm beat.
After I saw you this morning I tried extra hard when I jumped
around with my Jane Fonda tape and then showered and dashed off.
I went straight to Grocery Outlet and thanked God when I saw two
vendor tents left. I was so surprised to see Roberta Trahan checking
at that store. She is a delightful person and so is her daughter Morgan.
I think she was in Jake Comb's class five years ago when I subbed
for her when her dad was so ill. Now she is in ninth grade already.
I popped in the Dollar Tree for a few things and much to my dismay
they had sold out of the Benedryll capsules that I use for sleep.
I knew I should have bought every single jar when the store opened.
The identical allergy pills are ten dollars at Safeway. Ugh.
It was friskily sunny out so I just cruised right over to Woodinville.
I got to Costco and admired all the big shoppers shopping for big
quantities of stuff. Nothing better than being an American in the land
of plenty and nothing says plenty better than Costco.
I got tons of frozen burritos, taquitos and chimechangas for
the teenagers along with a bunch of deli meats and hoagy rolls.
When the weather gets better the numbers of teens swells up
considerably. I remembered we were out of Dial soap and could not
believe it was only three dollars for eighteen bars, but you know
what Mr. Blog? You get what you pay for which was nine bars of soap!
I got home and opened one and they had carved it in half in a weird shape.
I am so boycotting Dial Soap from now on and we go through tons of soap!
It's an insult to the intelligence of Americans to sell us a concave
bar of soap and I won't tolerate it. I thought maybe the odd shape
would be better and I gave it a try but it was uncomfortable to
hold and smaller than a normal rectangular bar so not only did
I feel completely uncomfortable, I felt ripped off by the missing
one third bar of soap I thought I'd paid for. Those dirty Dial dogs!
Like we are too stupid too notice half the bar of soap is missing?
To think of the cost of casting the new molds for that disgusting,
inferior product! Mr. Dial should be ashamed of himself.
Shame on you Mr. Dial!!! Ahhh. I feel so much better.
Mr. Dial can kiss my grits if he thinks I'll buy any Dial product again.
When I dislike one product, I boycott the entire line of products.
Well, nice to have that off my chest.
So I popped down to Target for some undershirts and was stunned
that they wanted eight dollars for an undershirt. Well, I went right
over to the men's department and saw they were three dollars each
there so I got three. Saved nine dollars! No one sees them anyway.
I lucked out after that at the Pawn Exchange back in Kookmore
and found the second Matrix movie for me and Teddy and it was
only fifty cents! What a bargain! Our machine plays DVDs and VHS
so I didn't care if it was a tape.
I remembered when DVDs came out thinking they would never catch on
but I was wrong about that. Thankfully, but don't you wonder if
all our landfills are full of old VHS tapes and what about the eight tracks
and cassettes? Are there zillions of them all stacked in garbage dumps?
No wonder we are in so much trouble environmentally.
People should quit inventing so much new stuff!
Which reminds me and I hope I read it wrong, wrong, wrong,
but I think the Seattle Times this morning said President Obama
has given the space program the green light to go to Mars.
I hope I hallucinated that one Mr. Blog!
How can they even contemplate having a space program at all
when millions of people on the planet are starving and don't have
clean drinking water or homes?!
The space program is the biggest waste of tax dollars invented!
For what?! Tang? Geesh.
So after the Pawn Exchange I dashed into Slaveway for some Kool Aid
and hand lotion for my face and found the Suave oatmeal lotion
that I love, love, love. Great products Suave has! Love them.
I had a big chicken foot long at Slubway after that and it gave
me the energy to go clear to Lake Forest Park.
I almost cried when they told me the ninth book in my
Alexander McCall-Smith series, "The #1 Ladies' Detective Agency"
was not going to be in until Tuesday! Ohhhhh, the agony.
I'm in total Botswana withdrawal....
By the time I got home, Troy was home from high school and he
and Dakota unloaded all the food for me and I got it all put away.
At three o'clock Laurie Sperry showed up and we went down
my little road to the bridge and went on Secret Walk.
Pam and Al used to always take my kids on that walk but
in twenty years I had never been on it. The canary grass had gotten
dry and fallen over and we had to high step it most of the mile
down to the river. Oh the memories it brought back of taking
Troy down there before our bridge washed out over Swamp Creek.
He learned to run down there and we'd be there all day with Luki
or with Mom and Lyle or Terry or all of us. The meadow was
so big along the river back then we used to play softball down there.
I'd forgotten that the bridge washed out in 1996, the year Teddy was
born so he'd never gotten to go down that old trail and across the bridge.
We meandered all along the deer trails and I even saw some deer tracks
in the soft sand. It got really hot out, like sixty-five so it was a
glorious time down there at the river.
We explored all around but the blackberries had grown over most of it.
We found lots of garbage all over down there that was
disgusting to see and spots where people had camped out down there.
I'm so glad we went because the grass will be taller than me by July
and I don't know that I'll get a chance to go down there by then.
I saw the spots along the river where Mrs. Davis and Betty West
had their boat houses. The bank was dug back where the boats used to sit
and there was old lumber left of Betty West's along the side that was
all grown over. When we moved in she used to let us keep our canoe
in her boathouse along the river, which made for some mighty fun
and easy to start adventures on that big, big river.
I hope Laurie can talk the rest of the city council into getting my
perimeter trail put in so it has a boat launch there. I could
hook my canoe on it's wheeled cart and wheel it right down
my little road and down the trail and into the drink.
Doesn't that sound fun Mr.Blog?
*Looks over and sees he's sound asleep and tiptoes out*

No comments:

Post a Comment