Saturday, April 3, 2010

4/3/10 Shhh. Don't Tell Troy and Teddy I'm the ...

Good morning Mr. Blog,
I slept so well. Only one hot flash all night.
Maybe after seven years of those, the end is near.
I hope so!
Well, I have a big job today.
I have to fill Troy and Teddy's Easter baskets.
I am so glad my bedroom door has a lock on it.
I mean at thirteen and sixteen they might have figured it out..
Hahahaha. Of course they have!
I had some interesting conversations yesterday with
Marcia and Brenda.
Turns out that children want Easter baskets their entire lives
from their moms.
I have to think back and you know what?
My mom did hide eggs and put out baskets until
she remarried and moved away when I was eighteen.
You know what?
Terry and I were kind of on tight budget when the kids were little
so I told them that after Easter,
I had to mail everything back to the Easter Bunny
for the next year except the fresh candy.
I had bought some specialty Easter toys
and now that they are grownish,
they go through their baskets and say stuff like,
"Look! I remember these little Mutant Ninja Turtles
from when I was little!"
They seem to enjoy the continuity of seeing items
from their early childhood.
Plus, without a full time job I can't afford
new cool stuff like I wish I could.
I did find nice sweatpants cheap at the
Grocery Outlet store.
That is the oddest thing I have ever put in their baskets.
Clothes are so boring but you know what Mr. Blog?
I'm not a regular Easter Bunny.
I'm a mom Easter Bunny.
I strive to rekindle the memories of their early childhoods
and add a little practicality
and show them I love them
more than watermelon.

No comments:

Post a Comment