Saturday, April 17, 2010

4/17/2010 Earth Day & Flip-Flops

*Bounces in merrily and sits in wing back chair*
Good afternoon Mr. Blog,
I had the best day. I slept great and got up at seven and
put on my gardening clothes and crept over the half dozen or so
teen bodies to get out to my cedar tree.
It has tons of babies so I dug out six dozen
and planted them early for Earth Day which is April 22ND.
Then Patty picked me up and we zipped up Lake City Way
to Freddies and went window shopping.
I looked and looked at tents to replace the one of Terry's that
I accidentally broke the main pole to. Ugh Mr. Blog.
That tent is one hundred and fifty dollars. Waaa. Patty
said it would be cheaper on Amazon.com and it was by
about fifty dollars. Terry is a name-brand guy and will HAVE
to have a Coleman tent. Darn it anyway.
Oh well, I'll have a small paycheck the thirtieth to replace it with.
Then we looked at all the cute stuff all over the store and
dreamed about having jobs. We both like nice housewares.
On the way out I remembered that I haven't had new
flip-flops in ten years so we looked at their huge selection.
I found the cutest flip-flops in the world Mr. Blog! LOOK!
*Holds up foot*
Well they were more than the one dollar I have ever spent on
flip-flops by a long-shot. Six dollars! Ouch!
But they are so comfortable and Patty says navy and white
is especially attractive in summer and I agree.
Can't go wrong with something nautical-looking for summer.
So I was all happy until Terry got home and starting whining
about the bills again.
I have applied for every job under the sun but with eleven million
Americans looking for jobs right now I really don't know
what on earth he expects me to do.
Well, now it is cold and pouring down rain so I'd better find
some long pants and socks and shoes.
I thought it was summer for a minute there!
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment