Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11/09 Flat Butts

That Patty really cheered me up yesterday. She had to go back to work last week after twenty years as a housewife.
She said she got dressed up for work and looked in the mirror and her butt was flat! Funny thing is I just noticed the same thing THIS WEEK! Like at 52 your butt just automatically goes flat. I remember ten years ago seeing ads in the Sunday paper for these foam butts for old ladies and I thought it was the funniest thing I ever saw. Now I need one myself! Bleh Mr. Blog, it's like reading glasses at 45 and hot flashes at fifty. I remember when I was a teenager thinking 50 year old women were the meanest thing in the world and now I know why. When I was 50 I had hot flashes every hour on the hour all night. Never slept more than an hour and boy was I ever a bitch on wheels. Forty seven to Fifty-two for me. I'm near done. Only a few a night. I don't mind turning into an old man. I get wiry hairs on my chin now but I'm not afraid of spiders anymore! I can squash them with ease with my bare hands or feet. So I guess not having hormones isn't all bad if I don't have to be so squeamish anymore.
So Monday Angela and I went to Starbucks across the street from my house. They got their pumpkin lattes in!!! Now that I'm done grieving my parents for the first time in seven years I can't wait for autumn and Halloween and every day! I'm so happy most of the time except when I think of Val and Marty. I try not to think of it too much but it is hard.
Molly to talk. I sure miss her. How heartbreaking for her to lose her best friend and sister-in-law both. It's just not right Mr. Blog. She was watching a special on TV about the 9/11/01 bombing of the World Trade Centers in New York so she was pretty emotional too. We talked about the funeral and reception and she is thinking about moving up to take care of Marty. We are worried about him. It's not right.

No comments:

Post a Comment