Saturday, September 19, 2009

9/18/09 Car Show Fun

Hi Mr. Blog, it is so nice to see you.
I got to the Kenmore Community Clubhouse right at eight and served pancakes until eleven.
It was pretty funny. I love Bud and Annette Eaton so much. They are the managers and she asked if I could help serve a few weeks ago. Since I'm done as a scout and PTA leader after ten years I thought a little volunteer work would be good for me and it was. Bud, Annette and Dennis Karger were cooking the pancakes and sausages and Bev Peterson and Don and Wendy and me were serving the food. Lots of people asked for seconds and the cooks said we had to be,
"Careful" so we wouldn't run out. Don and Wendy said they just ignored what the cooks said and gave people whatever they wanted. It cracked me up and we had lots of laughs.
The Mayor's wife Sherry organized the carshow that followed the breakfast and it was awesome.
I had never been to a car show before and it was so much fun. I helped Sherry Baker and Kathy Straw set up for the car show and they were very happy. We hauled a bunch of tables outside and put on bright yellow table covers. Sherry let me set up my card table and sell games
and I did sell two. One to a guy a bit older than me, Pat and Bev. Pat got his for a party game for him and his carshow friends and Bev bought hers for her "grandma's toys closet."
I had never seen such amazing cars up close! Many from the 1930s on up. Some were mint stock buy my favorite were the customs. Especially Pat's custom pink '32 Chevy coupe. He won two trophies for it.
It was a little cloudy and cool but no REAL RAIN. We walked around or sat in folding chairs and yakked and looked at cars and listened to the Husky football game. We were so glad they beat the Trojans by two!
It was just a darn pleasant time and car show people are very friendly and interesting.
It is the perfect venue for selling car games. If Connie had gone I would have had double fun!
I learned all about the car show circuit and clubs and
I REALLY WANT TO DRIVE A CORVETTE AT 180 MILES PER HOUR SOME DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment