Tuesday, September 29, 2009

9/29/09 Trendex Tease, Binder Blunders, Contests

Hi Mr. Blog. Binder Bob of Trendex mailed me samples of their game boards and I am just so sad I can't afford to put my game on a real game board. Did you know when you apply for a small business loan that you have to set up a repayment schedule? I couldn't do that because I don't have a way to make sales projections.
So then Craig, from UPS e-mails me that their store is closing next week. I was crushed. I like him so much and thought we'd be doing business together for the next two decades.
Connie suggested trying another FedEx for printing and that is a good idea.
I'm also calling Jet City Printers and Land Printers up in Bothell tomorrow.
I learned a lot about paper weights, lamination, scoring and cut to bleed trims.
I also learned about pricing, labor costs, shipping and manufacturing.
I refuse to panic about speaking at the Washington State DECA conference October 27th at the Meydenbauer Center in Bellevue. I still have five games left of the original print run of fifty to take if the new product is not complete.
The important thing is my new idea. I am making flyers with my biz card magnet attached to give to the teens at the conference. Nixpix Youtube jingle and commercials with cash prizes.
I think over 1,000 teens will be at the conference so I need to hustle up these flyers.

No comments:

Post a Comment