Thursday, September 17, 2009

9/17/09 I Love Fog

Hi Mr. Blog, isn't it weird for an old lady to skip? I think it is very weird but I do it on crisp Autumn days anyway down the ramp from the bike trail.
So this morning it was foggy like pea soup. I couldn't even see the hillside on the other side of the valley. It was so MYSTERIOUS! When I was a kid I loved all the old London fog movies of monsters and vampires. There is just something magical about fog the way it just sits.
It just sits and looks amazing. I love fog. The other thing I love about it is how it lifts. Really slowly, like around lunchtime. And when it lifts it is like a fluffy curtain that has gone up and you look out the window and the sky is the bluest that it ever gets.
It was Terry's day off so I made him the usual breakfast. Four giant blueberry pancakes with butter and maple syrup and four fried eggs. When the fog lifted we went down behind Sloughstock lot and down through the meadows and picked blackberries all day. It was one of those magical days people write songs about: *sings made up song*
Foggy morning mystery, fog is surrounding me, fog makes me feel so mysterious
When it rises slowly, the sun makes me so curious
To explore the day through brand new eyes
because the sky is extra blue
Through the meadows I will follow
because I love you.
*Sighs at how goofy that came out*
So it got really hot out and we talked and laughed all day and decided to go swimming!
The pool was only 70 but it felt wonderful after sweating in the berry patch all day.
It was a perfect day. Starting with fog. Magical, wonderful fog.

No comments:

Post a Comment