Monday, July 27, 2009

Twilighting at Forks and LaPush

Terry and the kids and I took off the 19th for my last backpacking trip. At fifty-two, I decided the one trip I really wanted to take was the loop out of Lake Ozette. It was fine except for getting caught by the tide and scaling a 200 foot headland cliff with a rope wearing a fifty pound backpack and nearing killing myself. I am not sleeping on the ground ever again!
That being done, we moved on to the Oceanside Resort at La Push. We had never stayed there before. It was so foggy there and at Forks! We usually go to Kalaloch or Neah Bay.
Terry and I did a Twilight day trip all over Forks. We had a blast and you can see the pictures on my Facebook at Gretchen Lehde Nixon. I had taken a Lion and the Lamb poster and cut out Bella's face. At Dazzled by Twilight I got swarmed when all the teen girls wanted their picture taken with their face in the poster next to Edward's. I left it at the LaPush store.
I love to sell and meet new people. I am not shy at all when I have a reason to talk to a stranger! I introduced myself to store managers and demonstrated my game and dropped off sell sheets in every town between Kingston and La Push. I found the LaPush school district administrator and showed him the game and gave him a sell sheet with hopes of an order for the reservation school.
It was a great trip and I was thrilled to see my kitchen appliances and bed! Seven days with no hot water was too long! *hugs hot water heater*
Odd 90F heat wave in Seattle. *jumps in pool*

No comments:

Post a Comment