Monday, August 10, 2009

8/10/09 Costco Bliss

I had terrible insomnia worrying about ten game orders and no completed games. I picked up Connie and we went to the business Costco in Lynnwood. We went past the Lynnwood bowling alley where my mom was a champion bowler in the 50s. She used to leave me in the baby room there in 1956 and '57 while she bowled. My folks moved to Alderwood Manor in 1954 and our house was on Ash Way. We used to ride horses in the pasture where Lowes is now.
My mom was court clerk for Judge James who built the James Center there on highway 99 in the 1950s.
So we get to Costco and I'm grooving on getting ink and paper and a tape dispenser for our business but I didn't see Teyvek artificial paper envelopes. I asked Brian and showed him the game and he said we'd be better with bubble envelopes. They were really expensive! Forty cents each! Yikes! Brian said the spinners might break without those envelopes and Connie and I agreed. It was nerve-wracking spending $140.00 on office supplies but it is impossible to run a business without ink and paper and double-sided tape.
The layering of the game board lends it extra structural integrity and for wild teens that is very important.
I dropped off Connie and went to UPS and my new friend Craig gave me a better print bid than our previous printer by forty cents. Took the sting out of our fancy pants envelopes a little.
I got home and glued twenty bottom game boards correctly and only ruined one!!! :)
One false move with that double-sided sticky tape and it's all over. If you try to lift it off a spot it will shred the paper. It is so strong holding those two sides together-very tough stuff!
I can't believe how much I miss Terry and the kids and I hope they come home early tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment