Friday, August 7, 2009

8/7/09 Spam is Bad

Connie and I went at five PM and the printers did not have the game parts ready when we got there. We had been told four different times for pick up and I was disappointed.
I had all these visions of delivering Ostroms drugstore their first six games today.
When we checked the game parts on the jig they did not seem to match up perfectly.
Thank God Connie talked me out of ordering one hundred. The limited first run of fifty was a very good idea. I wish I had let her talk me into only printing twenty-five the first run.
Connie has very good gut instincts. She is also more conservative than I am. She is the the perfect cautious match for my impatient manner.
I like to just Go Go Go when I am excited over something.
So. We came home empty-handed.
I started e-mailing driving schools to get appointments next week to demonstrate the game.
I realized that our game would be used for their curriculum enhancement and they could use their purchase as a tax deduction as a business expense.
So after five hours of sending e-mails I got tired and spelled Swerve driving school, Serve.
UGH. I got a nasty e-mail from the owner telling me not to spam them.
I don't even know what spam is for sure. I think it is electronic junk mail.
When I was a kid my mom fried us Spam when we were on welfare. The government gave it to us with bulk powdered milk when we lived in Holly Park housing project.
I was so upset and it was near eleven o'clock at night by then.
I woke up this morning thinking I need to set hours or a schedule for myself.
Working late when I was tired lost me one potential customer. :(
I wish I knew someone that sold products instead of services that I could talk to.

No comments:

Post a Comment