Monday, August 10, 2009

8/9/09 Bad Cuts and Fear

So I picked up the games on the 8th and went straight to Steve's only to have my worst fear realized. The top boards were not cut perfectly. Thank God the bottoms were. Steve stayed calm and was able to use an exacto knife to create one perfect game.
I hadn't slept much after my spamming incident and I really needed a nap before I went to see my high school pals but it took us all day to get that one perfect game done.
Riel and Patty, my high school pals that I have known since grade school, 1966, picked me up for our party at the Duchess Tavern in our old neighborhood. Riel drove past my old house, 5766 27th ave NE Seattle on our way there. It looked so tiny and it was for sale. Uncle Dick paid $16,000.00 for it in 1966 to rent it to us.
We got to the Duchess and Pam was there and then Mimi, Bill, Marta, Louie, Barb, Ann, Wolf, Warren, Cheryl and Mark showed up. We had a swell time and much to my surprise, they loved my game. I had talked about it on Facebook, and were interested in seeing it up close. When we left the party I thought I'd be a little naughty and try one of Patty's cigarettes. Yikes, what a mistake! I got home and puked up everything I had all day and was sick for hours.
Then a funny thing happened this morning. A guy saw my posting to Bob Parsons on Go Daddy and e-mailed me from California that he wanted to buy a set for his driving school!
I e-mailed him back that the USA version would be ready in two weeks.
So now I'm worried sick that I have fifty games to assemble that have bad cuts that I'll need to trim. I'm no Steve Prestek. I can't even slice a tomato or onion straight let alone a game!
Terry took the boys camping so I went to church and prayed about it.
I had a vision of mom and Lyle coming out of the pearly gates and floating down to their house down the street and landing right on their old green couch on either side of me.
My mom said, "It's okay honey. You just be yourself." And Lyle said, "You can do it kid!"
We just sat there and they had their arms around me and it was heaven on earth in my imagination. I felt all comforted like I'll be able to get through this last disaster.
I feel like I'm working against God's clock getting this game done to help people drive better and safer. I can't drive much myself anymore after reading hundreds of articles about car accidents for twenty months in the newspaper. When I made the Don't Do It square with booze and pot and pills on it I wanted to send a strong message to teens not to drink and drive. If you land their you die and put your little car in the graveyard until the next game.
If only one teen makes a good choice from playing the game I'll feel better about scrounging up the $2,000.00 from subbing that it has taken to get this game made.
So after my errands I was all set to assemble the games and Connie called. She was across the street at the store and said she was depressed. I walked over there and we went to Mazatlan and she told me about her latest woes as a wife and mother. Geez I sure could relate to her.
Most of the time I feel totally unappreciated and unwanted by my family myself.
We chatted for an hour over Mexican food until we perked up a bit and then we talked business. We came back to my place and decided on our dates and flights to Chicago for Chitag in November. I have enough Delta Skymiles for one ticket and we found another one cheap on Alaska airlines, but I forgot about the $1,200.00 entry fee. How on earth can I sell enough games to get that much cash by the November 1st deadline for entry?! I'm having a fear I can't do that tonight. I get really down when I'm tired and I'm very tired now.

No comments:

Post a Comment