Thursday, August 27, 2009

8/27/09 DECA and Orthodontists

Oh Mr. Blog, I have had such a winning streak this week we should go to Las Vegas!
It all started on Tuesday when I took Troy to the orthodontist. While he was strapped in the chair and the assistant was finishing his wiring, I whipped out my game and the orthodontist went nuts over it and bought it right out of my hands. He said it was perfect for his teen clients in the waiting room! I dashed home and Googled orthodontist conventions and e-mailed the organizer for the first one I found to see if I could set up a table. He said no but I'm NOT DONE with those orthodontists yet. I won't rest until I go to an orthodontic convention!
So Steve and Connie convinced me to do the improved and revised Washington State game before going on to the USA version. I hate the delay for the USA version but it will take quite a bit of time to get driving manuals from all fifty states anyway. Spring is good enough.
So then at my beauty parlor, Salon Zeka, my hairdresser/friend/adviser, Janet, was looking at my game and a dad I know gave me cash for a game but I had run out of games to sell again.
I'll deliver it as soon as Connie gets some more whipped up for me. She is so good at it!
I LOVE TO SELL. There is just something exciting about designing and making a product that you know will help people and then having it to sell to them.
So it gets better...Terry and I went to Inglemoor high school parent night and when it was over I was looking for the place to buy a student directory and we went in the student store.
I remembered the marketing teacher from when I subbed there and told him my son's best friend will be in his class and I had a game I wanted him to market for me.
I pulled out my demo of Pass The Test and he LOVED it! He told me to send it with Troy's friend when school starts next week. He was so excited that he gave me his business card and told me to contact his friends that are the directors of the Washington State DECA!
He also asked me to sub for him but I don't know anything about marketing!
So I came home and did just what he suggested. I sent a group e-mail to the DECA leaders.
I just love to work work work work work. There is nothing better in the entire world than owning a business that provides products that will help people. I am VERY HAPPY!

No comments:

Post a Comment