Thursday, August 20, 2009

8/20/09 The Gambler

I'm a little upset tonight Mr. Blog.
My business adviser called me a few days ago and told me the days of families playing board games together for fun are over and I need to make my games only virtual.
Are family game nights dead? Are TV and computers all there is for socialization now?
I am gambling ALL my time and energy on nixpix Mr. Blog. What if I fail? What if enough people won't plunk down $19.99 for this first Washington State game? I'm trying not to worry but we ran out of money again this week for the national print run.
To top it off, after Terry paid the bills he nagged me about not having a job for an hour.
I studied three months last winter for that nasty PRAXIS exam and then I passed it.
I am, "Highly Qualified" now to teach in Washington State but I got too old.
Last year at my tech class, I saw the new teacher's orientation and the oldest was 30! I'm 52.
No one can pop my bubble faster than Terry.
We all have perfect health but does he even know how rare that is? Especially in our fifties!
I try to stay positive and I know the chances for success are slim, but I really want to create games that help people. I feel like that is what God wants me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment