Saturday, August 29, 2009

8/29/09 The Check's In The Mail

You know what Mr. Blog? You remind me of Bob Newhart when he was on that TV show and had all the crazy patients. Only your hair is darker and your frame slighter. I loved that show.
So you'll never guess what my mailman Anthony brought me yesterday.
Two checks! They were for games. The first one was from Terry's Uncle Doug.
He is so nice and let us stay at his house when Terry's cousin Sarah got married last summer.
I called him on the phone last week to find out about business insurance since he owns a Farmer's Insurance franchise and takes really good care of our insurance needs. I asked him to buy one for his waiting room and he did.
The other check was from Troy's orthodontist! You know what I like???
I like being able to just hand people games with a self-addressed stamp envelope.
I like to trust people.
It makes me feel good.
It made me feel good when I was a scout leader and people trusted me
with their kids for ten years.
Their most prized, beloved possession. Their children.
I like positive virtues:
Trust
Loyalty
Compassion
Forgiveness. This one is really hard for me!
Patience
Webster's Dictionary: Moral Excellence
My game is virtuous because it teaches and helps people.

No comments:

Post a Comment