Wednesday, February 10, 2010

1/10/2010 Pussywillows

* Walks in with a bounce and lies down*
Ahhh, that feels so good Mr. Blog.
I ache from my head to my toe working so many hours in a row. Love to lay down a minute.
So Patti Byers, the Kenmore Elementary PTA president stopped by for the carnival stuff.
She is so wonderful! I had forgotten how well I organized the folders for the 12 committee members with checklists for their job descriptions. She said they didn't have a chairperson yet and it didn't surprise me. I'm the only person stupid enough to work for free doing carnivals for ten years. She asked me if I wanted to chair it and I couldn't help but laugh.
Teddy is in junior high now so I told her, "No thank you."
Did I tell you I got my copyright last week for my how-to book, 'Carnival on a Shoestring'?
Anyway, after Patti took off Connie stopped by with her suitcase and loaded games.
The snag with having "Supermom" as a business partner is when school started
she had to go back to her mom job. I'm a terrible mother compared to her!!!
So when she left and the van was near done I took a break around four.
The fog had burned off and it was sunny so
I dashed down to the swamp and picked pussywillows.
There were a few trees when we moved in and every year I'd clip and plant branches
and there was a great tree at Doyle Chiropractor on Dead Man's Curve
that I cut ten starts from and planted.
Now there are dozens of baby trees in the swamp
and when they put in the new river trail
I plan to plant hundreds all the way along the trail.
The first sign of spring.
Pussywillows.
Well, I'm off to the RV show so I'll see you Sunday night, late.
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment